The actor passed away late Saturday night in Dubai, where she had gone along with her family for the wedding of her nephew Mohit Marwah
Bollywood icon Sridevi’s mortal remains have been kept at Mumbai’s Celebration Sports Club, where celebs and fans can pay their last respect to the actor. Actors Arbaaz Khan, Urvashi Rautela and Karan Johar were among the people who paid their last respect to the veteran actor at the club. | Today’s Paper
Her mortal remains arrived in Mumbai on Tuesday night and the funeral will take place today at 3.30 pm. Her family announced that Sridevi’s body would be kept at Celebration Sports Club in Lokhandwala for people to pay their last respect before it is taken for cremation.“On behalf of Khushi, Jahnvi, Boney Kapoor, the entire Kapoor and Ayyappan families, a sincere thanks to the media for your continued sensitivity and support during this emotional moment,” a statement released by the Kapoor family said.The actor passed away late Saturday night in Dubai, where she had gone along with her family for the wedding of her nephew Mohit Marwah.Dubai officials handed over the body to her family yesterday after completion of all formalities, which took three days. The Indian embassy in Dubai had worked closely with UAE officials to ensure the process was completed in the least possible time.The actor’s autopsy report had led to speculations over her death as the report stated that she died due to accidental drowning and not cardiac arrest as reported earlier. However, Dubai police has now closed the case as no foul play was apparently suspected by the investigators. | Business Standard
Here are the top 10 developments since the death of the legendary actor:
1. Celebs pay their last respect to Sridevi: Filmmakers and actors were among the people who arrived at Mumbai’s Celebration Sports Club to pay their respect to the veteran actor. Among the first to arrive at the club were actors Arbaz Khan and Urvashi Rautela. Film producer Karan Johar also arrived at the club on Wednesday morning.
2. Funeral today: Sridevi’s funeral will take place at the Vile Parle Seva Samaj Crematorium & Hindu Cemetery at around 3:30 pm. According to the arrangements, the media would not be allowed either inside the club or the crematorium.
3. Fans allowed to pay their last respect: The body will be kept for three hours at the Celebration Sports Club, Andheri (West) from 9.30 am onwards to enable people and her fans to pay their last respect, according to a statement released by her family.
4. Fans jostle for a glimpse: As the ambulance carrying the mortal remains of the actor entered her residence, a number of fans jostled for a glimpse of their favourite actor. Visuals from the site showed fans lining up on both sides of the road leading up to the residence with some even climbing the trees to have a clear view.
5. No foul play: Dubai prosecutor’s office said on Tuesday that it was closing the case following the completion of investigations. The agency put to rest all speculations on her death by stating that she had died from “accidental drowning” in her bathtub, after losing consciousness. “The case had been closed,” the prosecutor’s office said.
Click here to read → Sridevi Funeral Updates